Anti aging/ Age Management Medicine is a proactive, preventative approach to health. It’s not simply Human Growth Hormone (HGH), testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, etc. It is a scientifically-based approach to aging focused on preservation of optimum human function and quality of life, making every effort to slow the process of degeneration of the body that comes with aging.
So Age Management Medicine is not about living to be 120 or 130 years old. It’s about helping you look, feel, and function as good as possible for a long as possible. It’s about enjoying a very high quality of life as you age, continuing to do what you love without becoming increasingly reliant on the care of others – which most of us fear.
The medical community’s approach is: wait until you get sick, then prescribe treatment. Age Management’s interventions are intended to preserve for the highest quality of life for you for the longest period of time.
Here are 10 of the most effective ways to increase HGH production, naturally:
- High intensity burst training in which one’s heart rate bursts above their anaerobic threshold for 30 second intervals five or more times in a workout. This engages super-fast twitch muscle fibers, which release HGH naturally.
- Get enough sleep! Getting 8 hours per night optimizes production of HGH.
- Melatonin. Take 0.5 to 5 mg of melatonin before bed has been shown to increase growth hormone levels by up to 157 percent.
- GABA. Take 1.5 to 3 g of GABA immediately before bed. Trancor by Metagenics supplies the GABA, or gamma aminobutyric acid, which has been shown to increase growth hormone production by 200 percent.
- Eat high quality protein contained in our Metagenics Advanced Protein Shakes. Have this shake or a high-protein, low-carbohydrate snack before going to bed. The amino acids will help to boost HGH, while avoiding too many carbs will keep insulin levels low so that it cannot inhibit growth hormone from doing its work.
- Optimize Vitamin D levels at 70-100 ng/mL.
- Avoid sugar after workouts. Consuming sugar (especially fructose) within 2 hours post workout will cause your hypothalamus to release somatostatin, which will decrease your production of HGH. Simple sugars that are high-glycemic also spike insulin levels. Not only does this lead to body fat storage, but it severely decreases the release of growth hormone.
- L-arginine and L-lysine (Contained in the Metagenics Advanced Protein Shakes). The combination of these two amino acids together before exercise and sleep has shown to increase growth hormone production by up to 700 percent. Take 3 to 5 grams for optimal results.
- Glutamine. Take 2 to 10 g of glutamine after a workout or before bed. Glutamine may boost HGH levels, according to a study conducted by researchers at the Louisiana State College of Medicine. They discovered that subjects consuming 2 g of glutamine experienced increases in HGH levels. Their findings were reported in the 1995 issue of “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.”
- Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine, or A-GPC, might increase HGH levels, according to a study published in the September 2008 issue of the “Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.” Researchers at the Center for Applied Health Science Research observed that subjects taking 600 mg of A-GPC two hours before resistance exercise had higher HGH levels post-exercise compared with those who consumed a placebo